Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Salaried with total income upto Rs. 5 lakh also to FIle IT return for A.Y. 2013-14

Print Friendly and PDFPrintPrint Friendly and PDFPDF
CBDt has vide its press release dated 22.07.2013 clarified that exemption from filing return of income for salaried employees having total income upto Rs. 5 lakhs including income from other sources upto Rs. 10,000/- was only for assessment year 2011-12 and 2012-13 respectively. The exemption was given considering ‘paper filing of returns’ and their ‘processing through manual entry’ on system.
However, this year the facility for online filing of returns has been made user-friendly with the advantage of pre-filled return forms. These E-filed forms also get electronically processed at the central processing centre in a speedy manner. Hence, the exemption provided during the last two years is not being extended for assessment year 2013-14.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vipul,

    I have one query regarding my income tax return. I have forgot to submit my rent receipt with my Employer so I haven't got the benefit for HRA exemption. Is there any way I can claim it via my return filing? Which section of ITR1 is used for this exemption? Please guide me.

    Thanks,
    Nikhil Singh

    ReplyDelete